For Foreign Participants of SMYC and Their Parents
Send your personal information to email@example.com.
See the notice at http://smyc.lds.or.kr/community/view.asp?boardid=1&idx=2106.
2. Date & Venue
1) Monday, July 29 ~ Saturday, August 3, 2013, Konyang University, Banya Campus (Nonsan, Chungcheongnamdo)
1) Each Stake has reserved their buses, and participants are asked to use them. English-speaking branches should designate a stake to use their buses together. (Ask your branch president.)
2) After the conference, participants will ride on the buses again and get off at their own areas.
3) For those driving individually, come to the Nonsan Campus, Konyang University, in front of the dormitory, at 10:00~11:30am on Monday, July 29. When leaving the campus individually, the participants can be picked up around 7:00~8:00am, on Saturday, August 3.
4. Cost & Payment Details
1) KRW 110,000, including 5 nights and 6 days of room and board
2) Pay the fee to your bishop/branch president by Jul 28, using the donation envelop and slip.
3) If you do not belong to any ward or branch, you may pay the fee at the site on the first day.
5. Packing List
1) Scriptures, Preach My Gospel, and pen or pencil
2) Sunday dress clothes for Thursday activities (whole day) and Friday dance
3) Clothes for six days (Participants will be given two T-shirts during the conference)
4) Doing laundry is not available except spin-drying, and we recommend to bring clothes for six days.
5) Hats/caps and sunglasses
5) Casual/athletic shoes for activities and dance (Note: Dress shoes are not allowed in the gym, even during the dance.)
7) Personal toiletry items and sunscreen
8) Enough underclothes and pajamas
9) Linens (blanket and pillow)
10) Spending money for the Favorite Food Night, KRW 5,000
11) Preparation for the service activity (family history work)
>Open personal account at www.lds.org or bring own membership record number
>Research your family of four generations: Find out the names, dates of birth/death, place of birth of your parents, grandparents and great grandparents, and their stories and bring the information with you.
12) Umbrella andraincoat
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Q>Where would my children sleep?
A>Participants will sleep in the dormitory of Konyang University, Banya Campus. Each room will house four people, and has air conditioning system, two double-deck beds, desks, bathroom and shower. The facility was carefully chosen as the best candidate to accommodate our 1,000 youths.
Q>What is the instruction about the mobile phone use?
A>It is one of the areas where the personal agency will be respected. The youths will discuss it with their counselors and decide whether to allow its use and details of how to use it.
Q> Can parents visit their children during the conference?
A>Like in EFY, SMYC restricts parents’ visit during the conference. It is to help the youth strengthen their self-reliance among their friends and counselors, and to create atmosphere of personal revelation. In case of inquiries and emergency, please contact the head of the operating committee. (Cho, Yong-hyun, 010-3684-4535)
Q> How are you prepared for English use and interpretation?
A>Participants using English will be grouped together. The English speaking groups will have counselors who are Americans or bilingual. There will be volunteer interpreters for each program, as well as English versions of participants’ guideline and conference information brochure.
Q>How can I see the photos and videos of the conference?
A>The SMYC KOREA blog is accessible for everyone. During and after the conference, you can see the photos and videos taken during the SMYC by visiting our blog. (blog.naver.com/smyc2013)
If you have more questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.